View all jobs
Technical Project ManagerScottsdale, AZ
Your Day to Day
- Manage project and non-project work across all Solution Delivery work streams, including large projects, smaller enhancements, bug fixes, testing, deployments, and compliance activities.
- Proactively follow up with task owners and stakeholders, driving progress, communication, and escalation as necessary.
- Design, implement, and maintain unified status reporting, issue and risk management processes, and work management tooling.
- Manage changes in project scope including documenting and explaining implications of changes so they are clearly understood and approved.
- Ensure risks (technical and operational) associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Manage interdependencies of work within a project.
- Identify and remove obstacles and impediments to ensure team objectives are met.
- Drive team and leadership adoption of Azure DevOps as the source of truth for all active work, system requirements, test plans, and status and burndown reporting.
- Serve as scrum master for functional and technical teams, scheduling and running backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning meetings, daily standups, retrospectives, and additional meetings as needed.
- Track team velocity to ensure accuracy of future planning.
- Develop project budgets in collaboration with IT leadership.
- Contribute thought leadership and drive IT process maturity and best practices, collaborating with other IT leaders to implement agile development processes at scale.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, or related
- PMP and/or Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrated use of tools and techniques that may include SDLC knowledge, project management methodology, technical acumen, and software delivery methods.
- Proven successful experience in leading and driving complex, time critical software development projects and able to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated proficiency with agile development methodologies and techniques
- Experience implementing Scaled Agile or similar frameworks
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining agile and waterfall processes in Azure DevOps (preferred), JIRA, or similar tools
- 3+ years of experience implementing or managing large enterprise systems (ERP, CRM)
- Specific experience with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (formerly Dynamics AX) is a significant plus
- Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to effectively engage and influence at all levels, and ability to effectively handle crucial conversations and manage conflict resolution
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment