Our Client is an TOP General Contractor specialized in delivering quality commercial construction, corporate interiors, and mission critical projects. Based on current and projected growth, they are seeking a Senior Estimator
out of their growing Raleigh, NC location. This is a great opportunity to be part of the growth of a strong industry leader.
• Receive, file and distribute design documents to internal team members.
• Coordinate subcontractor bid lists with procurement for budget pricing and bidding.
• Manage distribution of current design documents for subcontractor budgeting and bidding and ensure sufficient subcontractor input is received.
• Review design documents for level of completion, assemble comments and requests for additional information needed to provide complete estimates.
• Review and confirm that all previously approved document revisions have been incorporated into the design documents. Record and report all exceptions.
• Attend pre-bid meetings and subcontractor site walk-throughs.
• Visit sites to evaluate existing conditions and identify and capture any scope that may not be included in the design documents
• Support the Lead Estimator or Preconstruction Manager in the set-up of the estimate, estimate schedule, and responsibility matrix
• Perform quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all assigned trades and building systems
• Provide pricing for value engineering, alternates, options, and special studies as required.
• Utilize Building Information Models (BIM) for quantity take-off and visualization where possible to support preparation of a complete estimate.
• Prepare subcontractor bid proposal forms and subcontractor bid recording sheets for assigned trades. Evaluate subcontractor input for scope inclusion. Identify scope gaps and overlaps and coordinate with other staff managing trades.
• Ensure pricing within the estimate or GMP is complete and accurate, reflecting recent pricing data, subcontractor bids or budgets.
• Participate in internal estimate review meetings
• Lead the coordination of operational input during the estimating, bidding, and GMP process. Ensure that the detailed General Conditions/Requirement (GC/GRs) study and site logistics and Building LIFE, prepared by Operations, is incorporated into the estimate.
• Develop, lead or support the assembly of all estimate, bid or GMP documents required by and submitted to the Owner. Coordinate requirements with the CM Agreement.
• Take lead role or support role in Lump Sum bids.
• Train and manage Estimators, including performance evaluations for those staff assigned.
• Support the development and enhancement of owner, architect, subcontractor, and vendor relations.
• Analyze cost data, unit prices, general conditions and general requirements costs, and information that can be developed and used as a “rule of thumb” for all building systems estimated costs.
• Coordinate with Operations to support preparation, scheduling, evaluating, executing, and managing the Launch Matrix and Launch Matrix meetings for each estimate milestone.
• Provide input to constructability reviews and coordinate with the Operations to ensure the constructability reviews are completed in a timely manner and incorporated into the milestone estimates, to the extent required by contract.
• Prepare comparison analysis to previous estimate and develop a clear and concise message to explain the variances for each of the project stakeholders.
• Generate, coordinate, and manage Budget Control Reports between each milestone estimate to manage cost events and value engineering opportunities. Provide variance reports for each milestone estimate to communicate scope development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Building Construction or similar, plus 5 or more years as an Estimator.
- Must have conceptual ability to work with minimum information and quickly develop an understanding of the owner/architect requirements.
- Demonstrate imaginative, innovative, and succinct approach to a project. Should have familiarity with the operating procedures and methods of other departments – Procurement, Cost, Accounting, etc. Good leadership, verbal, and written skills.
- Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs and estimating software. Complete knowledge of the estimating documents and the ability to provide accurate qualitative and quantitative analysis of the documents. Must be able to multitask and meet established deadlines.
is an Executive Recruiting and Talent Consulting firm specialized in Commercial Construction.
Fusion takes pride on staying ahead of the industry and differentiating our services to provide innovative offerings to meet the ever-changing needs of our client organizations. You can learn more about Fusion by visiting our website at www.fusionhcr.com