Our client is an ENR Top 300 General Contractor. Their scope of work includes mid-rise offices, higher-ed, multi-family housing, health care facilities, retail, datacenters, and recreational work. Based on continued growth of their Southeast Division, they are actively seeking a Project Manager to provide overall management of multiple projects of varying size and scope including client communications and relations.
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Confer with superintendents and construction staff to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems;
- Review and input on RFPs for design and construction management services;
- Managing a project from initial client meeting to completion including design development, permitting, construction and close-out.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with Owner(s), architects, mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers, permitting offices and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Oversee payment application approvals and contract administration functions in addition to plan and document control
- Assists with development and preparation of proposals.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with different management teams to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- May requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, variances, costs and scheduling
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of construction management systems including: change order process, job costing/forecasting, budgeting, purchasing/estimating, and labor management.
- Strong client development and marketing skills; community interaction and involvement.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written technical correspondence on project related issues.
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to create and maintain schedules with knowledge of scheduling programs.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills, with creative problem solving ability.
- Team player with problem solving and “can-do” attitude.
- Proactive; able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in commercial ground-up construction
- Applicable four-year degree (in architecture, construction management, engineering, or related field) from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Vehicle Allowance and Fuel Card
- Company Computer and Phone
If you meet the requirements for this position and are interested in discussing the opportunity in more detail, please apply directly to this post.
Fusion HCR is an Executive Search and Talent Management Consulting firm specialized in Commercial Construction. You can learn more about Fusion by visiting our website at www.fusionhcr.com.