Our client is a premier General Contractor serving the Southeast. Their scope of work includes corporate, education, healthcare, government, industrial, retail, hospitality, and special projects. Based on continued growth in North Carolina, they are actively seeking a Concrete Superintendent to lead commercial building work in and around the Charlotte, NC area.
The Concrete Superintendent is responsible for field supervision of craft and/or subcontractors for the Structural installation, testing and turnover of systems to Commissioning. The Superintendent oversees the daily Structural construction activities at the work site, including scheduling of workers, delivery of equipment and materials and progress of the project. The Superintendent needs to be familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures in specified discipline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise daily concrete activities
- Has an in-depth knowledge of work processes and tools within Structural discipline
- Sets priorities for own craft and able to coordinate work activities with other disciplines and Subcontractors to ensure task completion
- Assess workforce, material, tool, and construction equipment needs and arranges for these components to support the needs of the project
- Able to analyze productivity trends and make adjustments to work activities to optimize production
- Review cost reports and projections and take action to effectively manage job costs to levels within the contract budget
- Assist in the development and is required to maintain the project schedule by studying project plans and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements
- Develop solutions for routine problems using defined processes and own experience and able to develop and implement work-around and recovery plans
- Enforce job-site safety to comply with all OSHA regulations and the Company’s Safety Program
- Ensure work is installed per the requisite quality standards
- Maintain daily logs to document all jobsite activities and events
- Management Responsibilities: This position manages subordinates and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of employees.
- Provide jobsite leadership and direction
- Sets day-to-day direction for craft employees to support project goals
- Manages performance of employees through task assignments, ongoing skill assessment and coaching
- Provides for and coordinate required workforce, materials, tools, and equipment
- Experience – Four (4) or more years of experience as a Concrete superintendent
- Relevant Work Experience – Worked within the commercial or industrial construction industry. Applicants should have direct hire construction experience.
- Communication Skills – Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization. Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Computer Skills – Competent and knowledgeable computer skills. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Programs
- Reasoning Ability – Use of basic reasoning, thinking “on your feet”, and ability to resolve issues quickly with little or no direction from a superior. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format. Ability to make good judgments and render good decisions
- Other Skills and Abilities – Ability to read and understand blueprints. Ability to coordinate many different activities. Ability to read and understand project schedules and other project reports to develop pre-planning opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Vehicle Allowance and Fuel Card
- Company Computer and Phone
If you meet the requirements for this position and are interested in discussing the opportunity in more detail, please apply directly to this post.
Fusion HCR is an Executive Search and Talent Management Consulting firm specialized in Commercial Construction. You can learn more about Fusion by visiting our website at www.fusionhcr.com.