A direct client of Fusion HCR is seeking an IT Release Manager. The right candidate will play a critical role to ensure minimaul risk for all enterprise software releases in the company and ensure a smooth release process involving all key functions.
This is both a hands-on role in a rapidly growing company that is passionate about its mission. Having experience with business application implementations is a critical requirement for this position. This person must be comfortable speaking with senior management and working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Your Day to Day
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
The Release Management responsibilities also include building the IT Release Calendar
and centralizing view of all releases. Leads the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Collaborate with QA department on environment management
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Facilitate and participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Knowledge of D365 ERP
- Agile development methodologies knowledge
- Experience managing external vendors and resources
- Ability to work with a diverse set of users from upper management to field users and to be able to communicate effectively across groups
- Vision and organizational skills to balance end-user support with larger strategic project support
- Obvious cross-group collaboration and influence competencies throughout all work examples
- Ability to flex hours based on different time zones