Our client is a leader in entry-point security access systems for public, private, and federal facilities. Based on current and project growth, they're looking for a Senior Project Manager for current and future installation projects in the Southeast.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing support for installation projects by managing, directing, and controlling all phases of project management to ensure quality standards, budgets and agreed upon timelines are achieved. This position is the primary point-of-contact to the customer. The Project Manager oversee’ s activities ranging from planning, coordination, scheduling, and cost control, to design, construction and commissioning. The Project Manager is responsible for maintaining the projects content, which may consist of technical information, diagrams, project schedules, change orders, test scripts and documents for billing. The Project Manager is responsible for the engineering and administration from order to handover to internal and external customer. The Project Manager is responsible for the technical content, completeness, and quality of the project file from start to handover including test documents. The Project Manager must have technical knowledge of the sold and implemented solutions to support the planning of the project activities and resources.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Architecture, or related field experience and CCM-Certified Construction Manager, PE-Professional Engineer, PMP-Project Management Professional or other professional certifications are desired. LEED Accreditation, a plus. Any trade license or certification, a plus. (Example, Master Electrician, Electrical Apprentice, etc.)
- 5-7 years of qualifying experience working in the construction or trade industries. 3-5 years’ experience in Project Management as Project Coordinator or Program Manager. Basic knowledge of OSHA is beneficial. Design-Build experience highly preferred. Or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Understand and have general working vocabulary of construction terminology.
- Knowledge of general construction trade and subcontractor relationships.
- Knowledge of AIA documents and billing method practices, a plus.
- Knowledge of construction site OSHA requirements. Must be willing to travel to customer locations, when necessary.
Travel Requirements: Remote position but up to 30-50% travel to project / customer sites based on project demand.