The Controller will be responsible internal management reporting, systems implementations / optimization and increased efficiency of accounting systems and processes and for the accounting and financial operations.
- Evaluate and improve a financial controls and reporting systems designed to optimize a high-growth collaborative company culture.
- Provide leadership to team and staff development.
- Optimize inventory management system and its integration into Quickbooks in partnership with accounting team and operations.
- Analyzes financial data and business performance to identify and support opportunities for improvement in the business.
- Manages billing and customer collections function including reviewing, monitoring, and assisting customer collections process and overseeing the license fee invoicing including process flow and control of key data identifiers.
- Manages month-end close process.
- Identifies and implements improvements to management reporting.
- Evaluates the finance team workflow process documents and makes recommendations for improvements and evaluates opportunities to improve efficiencies.
- Collaborates with other finance and accounting staff to ensure the Company's compliance with state and federal tax and regulatory matters.
- Develops best practices for enterprise resource systems including researching, selecting, and implementing new systems.
- Recommends benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculates variances from budget and reports significant issues to management.
- Manages the development of annual budget and forecasts.
- Oversees the operations of the accounting department including the design of organizational structure adequate for achieving departmental goals and objectives.
- Oversees the accounting team for mentorship, personal and professional development, and feedback.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Master's Degree preferred)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred
- 7+ years previous work experience in a financial or accounting role
- Previous experience utilizing and implementing MRP and ERP systems
- Previous experience in a manufacturing industry