A growing company in the Dayton area is looking to hire a Staff Accountant. The ideal candidate will possess 2-3 years’ of general accounting experience, in addition to a Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant
Requirements of the Staff Accountant
- Maintain general ledger accounts.
- Bank accounts reconciliation
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Maintain general ledger reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately in accordance with GAAP
- Surface issues which affect expenses, revenues and balances
- Examine financial records, collect information, prepare reports and make recommendations
- Assist with compilation and review of certain sections of the financial statements on a quarterly basis and report on variances
- Contribute to accounting and reporting projects and the implementation of best practices
- Special projects and Ad‐Hoc requests.
- Assist Accounting department in a variety of other projects and initiatives as needed
Compensation for the Staff Accountant
- Bachelors’ of Science in Accounting
- 2-3 years’ of accounting experience
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, V-Lookups, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Salary: $48,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year