View all jobs
Phlebotomy Technician 2nd or 3rd Shift AvailableDayton, OH
MUST HAVE LARGE HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform venipunctures and capillary punctures as outlined in departmental procedure manual.
- Follow proper procedures for patient identification and labeling of laboratory specimens.
- Assist in or prepare specimens for transport to the required laboratory facility.
- Complete requisitions per department standards.
- Log requisitions into computer system (QLS,SCAN, TOROL and/or Sunquest) when applicable.
- Operate departmental equipment, including but not limited to, paging system, pneumatic tube system, centrifuges, and printers.
- Perform regular inventory checks and stocks work areas/cases with supplies
- Assist in training of new employees
- Assist with specimen draw problem solving, including rapid response to TIQ requests from Processing.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a courteous and efficient manner, demonstrating positive customer service principles to clients at all times
- Follow regulatory requirements, corporate integrity standards and all departmental and company policies and procedures, including infection control and biohazard waste disposal.
- Follow all compliance procedures and policies, assisting the Compliance Officer with audits monthly.
- Perform other duties and assignments as requested.
- Completion of Orientation Period Progress Review.
2nd or 3rd Shift Available
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must maintain auto liability insurance in accordance with state law