Certified Pharmacy Technician - Working at Large Hospital
In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy. Assists the pharmacist in the performance of other Pharmacy Department duties.
Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions. Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
• Engages customers and patients by greeting them and helping with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
• Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy.
• Assists pharmacists in scheduling and maintaining workflow.
• Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
• Strictly adheres to the policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing activities.
• Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
• Processes (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third party program prescription services in a timely and efficient manner, and performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager.
• May assist pharmacist in administering clinical services including the collection and proper labeling of blood/urine samples from patients and other clinical services as required.
• Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat, and orderly in condition and appearance.