Patient Access Specialist
Start: ASAP Length: 13 weeks - Possible Permanent
• The Patient Access Specialist is responsible for the financial counseling, collecting co-pays and deductibles and/or providing financial assistance education to patients and their families.
• They are responsible for stat registering, scheduling appointments, completion of registration by collecting and entering all pertinent financial and demographic information into the ADT system, verifying insurance benefit information, generation of the ABN, reviewing orders for compliance, completion of MSP, obtaining financial and treatment consents, placing of ordered medical procedures, obtaining a pre-certification when applicable while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements.
• The Patient Access Specialist must demonstrate Customer Focus with Patience, Composure, and Compassion. Must be able to Deal with Ambiguity by effectively coping with change; possess strong Time Management skills, Interpersonal Savvy, while supporting Peer Relationships. Demonstrates expert Functional/Technical skills while providing financial assessment and evaluation of each patient entering the hospital.
• The Patient Access Specialist must comprehend the hospital’s financial policies, possess the ability to apply it to the patient, and secure payment for the patient’s hospital liability.
• Patient Access Specialist are required to maintain excellent customer service standards at all times in order to effectively communicate with physicians, physician offices, patients, and co-workers.
• Education Minimum Level of Education Required: High School completion / GED
• Associates Degree preferred in healthcare or related business field.
• Must be proficient in Windows-based computer technology, including keyboarding and typing at least 25 wpm. Licensure/Certification/Registration Medical Terminology certification preferred. Minimum Level of Experience Required: 1 - 3 years of job-related experience.