We are hiring a for a Network Engineer for our client based out of Dayton Ohio. This is a direct hire opportunity and will require you to be in the Dayton Ohio area.
The Intermediate Network Engineer designs, implements, monitors, and supports the data/voice network. As a primary technical resource, the Intermediate Network Engineer is responsible for the set-up and repair of network infrastructure, including the monitoring and diagnosis of network performance, and resolution of network-based incidents and requests reported to the NOC, especially complex incidents requiring research and diagnostics.
The Intermediate Network Engineer maintains the data/voice network environments by adhering to and supporting IT procedures, and recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance, and support of network equipment. This position assists with project planning, strategic planning, 24x7 on-call support with other members of the IT Infrastructure staff and may be required to supplement remote site-based, on-site support to technical resources. Responsible for day-to-day operations of enterprise phone system. Includes installation, maintenance, and management of Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Contact Center Express, CUBE, Informacast, SIP paging.
- Design, implement, monitor, and support WAN, LAN, Wireless-LAN, VoIP, and network-related hardware/software.
- Research, evaluate, design, and propose complex to highly complex technology solutions to meet business needs cost effectively and in accordance with established standards
- Determine appropriateness of hardware/software changes and/or modifications related to Cisco routers, switches, and UC servers.
- Provide reports and create documentation covering methodology, process, and procedure of current and future network infrastructure deployments and enhancements.
- Create, implement, and maintain standard operating procedures for equipment installation, configuration support, and network operations to help improve service and repeatability.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support based on IT Infrastructure Team staff rotation to assist with troubleshooting, coordinating, escalating, and resolving network related issues.
- Exchange information clearly, accurately, reliably, and timely both verbally and in written form
- Other duties as assigned.
- IT related Associate or bachelor’s degree – Computer Science Preferred; additional relevant experience will be strongly considered in lieu of degree.
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Cisco routing and switching background.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification is a plus.
- VMWare on Cisco UC servers a plus
- Working independently or within a project team on complex projects
- Project Management Methodologies