Fusion HCR is seeking an IT Program Manager for our client located in Washington State.
The IT Program Manager provides oversight on the program, from shaping the approach to achieve the desired outcomes through delivery. The position involves coordinating projects and resource management within the program, stakeholder and sponsor communications, reporting, program financial management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the development of the overall approach for the program, its major time frames and the definition of its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes.
- Partners with the executive sponsor to communicate program goals, objectives and potential outcomes
- Leads regular interactions with the executive sponsor to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the program outcome.
- Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the program in accordance with enterprise policies, practices and on behalf of the executive sponsor or senior responsible owner.
- Development and maintenance of the required program documentation and artifacts.
- Develops and controls the program budget and manages expenditure within agreed spending plans.
- Ensures and balances the availability of the required skills and competencies across project teams within the program
Leads reviews with the executive sponsor and stakeholders to identify organic or specific program needs and changes and directs the development of appropriate approaches to address.
- Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications and reporting.
- Acts as an advisor and builds and maintains relationships across the wider stakeholder community.
Leads the oversight of program projects' execution, their progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
- Monitors and coordinates dependencies across the projects in the program and resolves conflicts.
- Manage project scope and its impacts on business outcomes.
- Control and manage project costs (including internal and external resources).
- Assess project issues and risk as well as their resolution and communication to senior management, key stakeholders.
- Understand the impact of changes of cost, schedule, scope, or resources on the project and the business value that it is intended to deliver.
- Communicate project decisions, deliverables, project health and status, and issues and risks with all team members and key stakeholders.
- Prepare timely status reports.
- Maintain project plans and work breakdown structures.
- Ensure agreed upon project success criteria is met.
- Manage the work plan and staffing for each phase of the project.
- Work to fill gaps in resource requirements both internally and externally.
Manage the resource-staffing plan for the life of the project.
Follow the appropriate project change request processes for managing and accessing impact of requested changes to the initiatives.
- Monitor and manage time tracking for internal resources.
- Develop contingency plans for potential risks.
- Review/gather status reports from the team and issues weekly project/initiative status reports.
Influence and holds team members accountable for assigned tasks.
- Set and review expectations with team members.
- Identify and resolve conflicts among team members and works with the IT PMO, and management towards resolution.
- Ensure project tasks and deliverables meet requirements and completed on schedule.
- Manage entire project communications in a timely manner to appropriate levels, and escalates issues as needed.
- Utilize the lifecycle methodology throughout all phases of the project. Maintain project documentation, including project initiation requests, capital and expense costs, project plans, lifecycle documents, and utilize approved tools.
Manage project budget, including creation, revisions, and variance explanations.
- Operate as a role model, providing coaching, direction and training in project management to other IT team members.
- Create, facilitate and maintain a positive work environment.
Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- PMP Certification required.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt/ Black Belt preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree Required (Preferred in Engineering, IS or Technical Degree), Master's degree preferred. Ten (10) years successful IT Program Manager experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Eight (8) years project management responsibilities required.
- Five (5) years' experience managing progressively complex enterprise scale initiatives that span 12+ months
- Three (3) years' experience managing projects with budgets in excess of 1MM
- Ten (10) years on the job experience in a technical field required.
- Eight (8) years of project portfolio management tools experience, such as Microsoft Project Online, CA Clarity, Planview, etc. with evidence of practical application.