Fusion HCR is seeking an IT Director of Infrastructure for our client located in Washington State.
The IT Director of Infrastructure is responsible for all technology infrastructure operations including network administration and client/server systems management. Maintains management responsibility of the resources needed for the efficient and effective operation of company data and voice communications networks and internal support operations of all related information systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and support IT infrastructure by conducting hands on troubleshooting, configuration, installation, testing and administration of components utilizing expert level knowledge and skill with applicable server networking software, storage hardware and cloud applications.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director of IT on the department's strategic vision, goals and priorities.
- Provide input related to the development, monitoring, and implementation of MIC's overall strategic technology plan.
- Continually assess the status of MIC's technology infrastructure in relationship to current technological developments/trends. Analyze and determine feasibility, recommend, plan and manage the selection and installation of new and revised infrastructure-related support systems throughout MIC in response to new business requirements, security threats, or technological advances.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to the IT infrastructure on an ongoing basis as relevant technologies develop and business requirements change, ensuring infrastructure designs meet performance and uptime requirements.
- Establish appropriate support procedures, processes, and methods for the selection of hardware/software to meet MIC's present and future information and operational needs, ensuring appropriate documentation is in place.
- Manage and supervise Department personnel, appropriately delegating tasks to and prioritizes the workload of individuals within the department. Ensure a high level of guest service and support is provided to all functional areas of MIC.
- Ensure proper training initiatives are in place for section personnel. Provide follow-up to ensure expectations and standards are met.
- Integrate effective Internal Controls into all applicable work processes and maintain a working knowledge of Internal Controls.
- Ensure updates to Internal Controls documentation are performed timely when there are changes in the risk parameters and/or workflow.
- Effectively manage infrastructure vendor relationships and ensure strong relationships are maintained and managed in accordance with service level agreements.
- Coordinate planning and scheduling activities for assigned staff operations area of responsibility and coordinate those activities with other business units.
- Develop, monitor, and exercise budgetary oversight over all operational and production support requirements. Assist with formulating and adhering to the IT Budget.
- Oversee written documentation of procedures, processes and plans dealing with related operations, network management and end user support matters.
- Assist in the preparation of and carry out IT-related internal and independent third-party IT examinations in the service, operations, and production support areas.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Maintain working job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Effectively manage relationships with key operations vendors
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
- Create, maintain, and facilitate a positive work environment.
- Bachelor's degree required, in MIS, Computer Science/Engineering related field required. A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Seven (7) years progressive IT Infrastructure experience required.
- Three (3) years IT Infrastructure senior management experience within a mid to large size technical team in a progressive organization required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills when interacting with users, managers, and team members, internal and external guests.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills both written and verbal. Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Demonstrate proficiency with organizational technology issues and solutions' ability to provide effective technological solutions in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively resolve conflict among team members which may include internal/external guests.
- Exhibit highly effective task management skills.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills with Cloud Infrastructure, supporting a progressive strategy for both data and development capabilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software applications, including MS Office Suite, database systems, networking, and internet applications.
- Demonstrate ability to explain highly technical concepts successfully verbally to technical and non-technical audiences will be vital to a candidate. In addition,