Fusion HCR is seeking an IT Director of Project and Change Management for our client located in Washington State.
Under direction from the Executive Director of Information Technology, the Director, Project & Change Management is responsible for the development of and tactical delivery against project and change management plans; ensures project plans and goals are achieved. and the overall management and advance risks and issues related to breadth, timeline or cost. The Director of Project & Change Management updates business lead and partners on project progress and ensures that the change management strategy includes a focus on effective communication, training and support for sustained adoption and results while ensuring that standard process and procedures remain current with all process and procedure guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce and execute project and change management and project plans for Management projects or systems.
- Partner across business partners to build detailed project plans, lead a multi-disciplinary team to meet project deadlines and prepare professional and compelling communications and presentations to key partners.
- Assess actual performance against standards and identify issues and risks to settle whether the project is on target, taking corrective measures as necessary.
- Develop and maintain progress reports and other key partner updates ensuring that all information is consistent, correct, accurate and timely.
- Lead the project communication plan, coordinate the effective execution of required communication and facilitate the tracking and updating of the communication schedule.
- Coordinate with other applicable functions on developing and creating change management, training program, deployment planning and execution, operational support planning, and other transition activities to live, steady state operation.
- Support business specialists among the core and extended project team. You will facilitate the gathering of business requirements for all aspects of the project.
- Lead user acceptance testing, identify key functionality gaps and partner with IT support to prioritize requirements. This includes working with IT support to activate a remediation plan, if required.
- Assist with production of benefit measurement analysis in line with defined process to validate the impact of the solution and associated business process changes.
- Review, offer advice and provide feedback on projects, including product design and functional business plans.
- Review the implementation and support processes to ensure they remain meaningful, effective and efficient to meet changing business standards and processes.
- Contribute and support the development of a program for continuous learning after deployment in order to constantly maintain and improve knowledge levels while delivering value to the business.
- Support building, leading and executing detailed processes around system improvements, bug fixes, releases, test plans, training and deliverables associated with system changes. This includes ensuring that Best Practices and Procedures remain current with changing Management systems.
- Maintain a deep understanding of MIC's business processes and systems.
- Seek new ways to improve activities that produce a benefit to the guest (external or internal).
- Create, facilitate and maintain a positive work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university in Project Management, Business Management or closely related field required. Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in Project or Business Management preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience working in a professional Project Manager capacity for a large organization required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMT) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI); or Certified Project Manager certification from the International Association of Project and Program Management (IAPPM) is preferred and will be expected to be completed within two years of employment if not already completed.
- Experience creating and developing a Project Management Office (PMO) preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge in PMI Project Management techniques and best practices; business analytics; documenting projects; writing procedural technical documents; problem-solving; investigating alternatives, and finding solutions.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate effective self-motivation and detail-orientation.
- Demonstrate ability to: maintain strict confidentiality relative to sensitive business and personnel information; analyze and document business processes and problems; apply technology to improve business process and solve business problems; write procedural and technical documentation; create project budgets; clearly define and document project goals, deliverables, milestones, and ongoing status; manage multiple complex projects simultaneously; prioritize work, remain focused, and meet deadlines; present complex technical ideas and concepts to both technical and non-technical groups; motivate project teams comprised of people who are not direct reports; lead diverse groups of people in the selection of various technologies; and cultivate relationships with and gain the confidence of project sponsors.
- Exhibit effective communication skills, both verbal and written, including presenting ideas.
- Demonstrate collaborative and productive team skills and strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills. Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver results under tight deadlines in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize.