Certified Medical Assistant or LPN
Shift: M-F 8a-5p
40 Hours Week
Englewood, Vandalia, and Middletown locations available
Responsibilities (will include some or all the following):
1. In coordination with providers and office staff, will work to ensure clinical areas are prepared and flowing efficiently.
2. Collect appropriate patient history and current medical information including chief complaint, current medication list, vital signs, etc.
3. Provide the patient with appropriate information regarding health-related issues as directed by the provider.
4. Apply appropriate medical terminology to all patient documentation.
5. Meet state and national regulatory compliance issues.
6. Provide a safe environment for patients and others.
7. Participate in quality initiatives and implement as required.
8. As directed by the provider, independently perform procedures which may include venipuncture, administration of injections, pulmonary function tests, ear irrigations, ultra sound therapy, muscle stimulation, hot/cold packs, EKGs, breathing treatment, x-rays, lab testing, holtor monitoring, dressing changes, wound cleaning, hearing and vision tests, etc. 9. Assist provider/s with surgical and medical procedures, e.g. minor wound repair, foreign body removals, etc.
10. Maintain a basic understanding of commonly dispensed pharmaceuticals, their indications, dosages, adverse reactions, and administration techniques. As directed by the provider, completes appropriate order entry.
11. Maintain examination areas including cleaning, and ensure medical supplies and equipment are well stocked.
12. Upon provider order, advise patients of testing and referral results and ensure that appropriate follow-up is provided. 13. Respond to incoming and outgoing correspondence. Ensure that appropriate signed releases are required and office records and forms are distributed and forwarded to appropriate parties.
14. Handle telephone inquiries according to accepted standards of care under direct supervision of the provider/s.
including Customer Service and Teamwork Standards.
16. Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Certified Medical Assistant
1. High School diploma or equivalent certificate required.
2. Successful completion of an accredited medical assistant program required; Certification preferred.
3. Experience in an ambulatory care environment preferred.
4. Ability to learn related center tasks and be of assistance to management and physicians.
5. Self-motivated to achieve the highest patient care and patient experience standards.
6. BLS certified at the time of employment, or within the first 3 months.
7. Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $15.00 per hour