IT Epic Analyst (Beaker)
The Analyst II is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, support and training of the assigned clinical components of the information system in conjunction with the hospitals super-users. The Analyst II must establish communication with super-users, users, the information systems team, and vendors to maintain a proper balance of requests based on priorities. The Analyst II will act as a liaison between the clinical super-users, staff members, Information Systems and the application vendor for all assigned applications.
- Associate Degree Required, Bachelors preferred. Strong computer skills required.
- Current Epic Application certification in one or more application(s) is required.
2 years plus of experience with Epic Electronic Health Care Record or relevant Health Care experience from both a care provider and an Epic application perspective required in addition to current Epic Certification.
- Provides production support to super-users on a routine basis. Serves as the day-to-day contact person for the super-users and vendors regarding clinical modules. Assists in the resolution of issues reported by the users.
- Provides backup support to the super-users for the assigned applications to provide primary user support in the event of super-user unavailability.
- Works directly with the clinical staff members and super-users to develop specifications to automate clinical processes within each department as assigned by their one up manager.
- Participates in the implementation of clinical systems including departmental analysis, workflow analysis, issue documentation and resolution, data processing needs and project management; coordinates and performs day to day project tasks with minimal direction.
- Participates in the testing of interfaces and collaborates with vendors and internal Information Systems staff to ensure that interfaces are implemented to meet needs and specifications.
- Develops and maintains basic reports, customized queries/screens, dictionary/master files and user menus.
- Performs testing, documentation and validation of future EHR Upgrade versions and other related software. Acts as a liaison between the clinical staff members and the vendor to implement version or release changes.
- Works with clinical staff members, physicians, and physician's staff members to ensure proper training on all clinical applications.
- Identify areas of opportunity for increased productivity or increased data gathering or reporting requirements for the department or the hospital.
- Produces appropriate documentation when necessary to assist the clinical staff members in maximizing the use of their application.