View all jobs
Software EngineerEnglewood, Colorado
Fusion HCR is hiring a Software Engineer for a direct hire, with a leader in the Digital TV space, based in Englewood, CO
We are seeking a hands-on Software Engineer to work with us supporting our dynamic software engineering team, developing and maintaining Pay-TV conditional access software.
- Development will be primarily on a Linux platform running in a Docker container. Some maintenance will still be on IBM AIX platform.
- Duties will include and not limited to software design, coding, unit testing, build pipelines, troubleshooting and documentation
- Respect team commitments in the project plan (deliverables, schedule, workload, QA)
Role Skill / Experience Requirements:
- Working knowledge and experience (5+ years) of object-oriented design and development in C++, including the C++ Standard Library.
- Experience in multithreaded applications and a good understanding of thread-safe applications.
- Solid experience in large scale software development, have strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience with GIT, Subversion, or equivalent for revision control of code
- Comfortable working in a Linux/docker/kubernetes environment
- Write high quality code to implement designed functions
- Useful Scripting languages: Python, bash
- Networking knowledge: TCP, UDP, IP
- Database basics: ORACLE, SQLplus
- Nice to have:-
- Knowledge / Experience on ACE framework
- Knowledge / Experience on React / Java / Node.js / JS / Perl / golang
- Experience/ knowledge in Digital Broadcasting standards / protocols (MPEG transport stream, DVB, IPTV, etc.) and digital broadcasting infrastructure
- Understanding and experience with security solutions and applications (authentication, encryption, monitoring)
- Experience with Conditional Access System for Satellite TV
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science with 5 years of experience or equivalent work experience
- Agile/SAFe methodology knowledge
- Requirement analysis, software design, development and unit testing
- Ability to build strong relationships and establish solid collaboration with stakeholders and peers
- Ability to articulate ideas / issues / fixes to peers and upper management in a clear and concise way