Our client is a reputable Environmental, Geotechnical, and Civil Engineering firm serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. Due to continued growth, they are seeking a Staff Professional Geologist to support a wide range of civil, geotechnical and environmental design projects for private and public clients.
Responsibilities include performing field and office work associated with hydrogeological investigations; environmental evaluations and sampling; and other project support. Field work will include: drilling of soil borings; installation of monitor wells; classification of soil and rock; in-situ permeability testing; soil, groundwater, and gas sampling for chemical analysis; and, other tasks as required. Office work will include: preparation of data tables; graphical presentation of data; comparison of soil and groundwater data to State and Federal regulatory standards; and, report preparation. Additional responsibilities may include construction and environmental inspections, and communication with vendors, as well as internal and external clients. Qualified candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic and possess the ability to work as a team player.
- BS in Geology
- 2+ years of Geology experience;
- PG license preferred;
- Excellent computer skills and well-organized;
- GIS experience considered beneficial but not required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong work ethic and possess the ability to work as a team player;
- Occasional travel and the ability to work outside normal business hours required; and
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
If you meet the requirements above, please apply directly to this post.
is a leading executive recruiting firm specializing in Environmental and Civil Engineering and Construction. You can learn more about Fusion by visiting our website www.fusionhcr.com.