is looking for a Patient Care Technician to join our team!
- Performs and/or assists the patient with activities of daily living e. g. bathing, grooming, eating, walking, etc.
- Maintains environmental cleanliness and safety of patient rooms, unit and equipment.
- Provides assistance to patients, visitors and nursing personnel in assigned unit and maintains flexibility to help other departments with the care of patients as needed.
- Assists in creating the ideal patient experience through development of respectful and compassionate relationships with each patient and family.
- May serve as a patient safety champion, empowering equal responsibility for all safety guidelines among all licensed and unlicensed care givers waived testing fingerstick glucose, urine dipstick, occult fecal l , non-sterile specimen collection, nasogastric tube care, 1 2 lead EKG, and simple clean non-sterile e dressing changes.
- Accurately collects data such as height, weight, vital signs, intake and output, etc. and records data on the appropriate documentation form.
- Competent in the use of portable technology, using handheld wireless devices for measurement and documentation of intake and output, vital signs and point of care testing such as fingerstick glucoses or urine dipstick.
- Reports patient observations and concerns to the Registered Nurse.
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- CPR Certified
- Basic PC Skills required to manage patient information and documentation in the electronic medical record.
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School completion / GED