Fusion HCR is seeking an IT Asset Manager for our client located in Washington State.
he role of the IT Asset Manager is to oversee the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software licenses and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts. The individual will assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization. The IT Asset Manager will also develop and implement procedures for tracking company assets and oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish (or refresh) policies and procedures for tracking the complete lifecycle of technology assets from procurement to retirement.
- Explore opportunities for maximizing or exploiting unused or partially used IT assets to achieve full efficiency and ROI from company resources Analyze performance of Help Desk & Support Technician activities and.
- Develop strategies and external relationships to implement plans for auctioning, recycling, or otherwise selling obsolete assets.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct and report software asset reconciliation and audit activities on a timely basis, including financial, licensing, warranty, and maintenance/support contract information.
- Compare warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts to assist with asset upkeep, upgrades, repair, and replacement
- Define purchasing recommendations that support business goals, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Investigate equipment or software under consideration to determine ROI and total cost of ownership throughout product lifecycle.
- Monitor and analyze trends in company technology spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings and/or asset optimization.
- Operational Management.
- Formulate and implement processes and procedures for tracking and analyzing technical and financial data of company software, hardware, and equipment form procurement through retirement.
- Track and maintain copies of software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts.
- Enter all software and hardware serial numbers or identification tags into enterprise ITSM and ensure information is up-to-date, accurate, and auditable.
- Perform inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings, changes, physical location, and incidences of support.
- Research industry best practices and compare against the organization's practices in order to establish benchmarks for managing IT assets
- Effectively communicate asset management strategies to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Generate, distribute, and review relevant management reports.
- Investigate and resolve exceptions and accuracy issues of the ITSM Asset Management repository.
- Create, maintain, and facilitate a positive work environment.
- Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts.
- Certified Software Management Professional and/or Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional through IBSMA, SIIA, IAITAM, or BSA
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree Required (Preferred in MIS or Technical Degree).
- 5 years direct work experience in a contract management or purchasing and procurement capacity, including all aspects of strategy development and execution
- Solid working knowledge of software licensing agreements for the following vendors: Microsoft, Agilisys,
- Strong familiarity and technical competence with asset management software and/or inventory-tracking systems, such as ServiceNow, Flexera
- Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies, including data analysis & reporting.