Fusion HCR is seeking an IT Systems Engineer Manager for our client located in Washington State.
The IT Systems Engineering team is both a plan/design/build and 24x7 support organization within the Information Technology department. The Systems Engineering Manager role is a working manager role; responsible for managing all systems engineers as well as governing systems managed services contracts. The role acts as the owner of the entire plan/design/build process within the Systems Engineering discipline and ensures partnership for the run process with the IT Operations teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of requests, incidents, major incident, knowledgebase and problem modules in the organizations ITSM solution for the Systems Engineering team
- Participate in all critical/major incidents including but not limited to providing communication updates to the operations team.
- Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents related to Systems Engineering.
- Develop, maintain and train on processes such as: Systems Infrastructure Architecture, Systems Infrastructure Engineering, Systems Infrastructure Build and Configuration, Systems Infrastructure Monitoring,
- Continuously evaluate and refine Systems Engineering procedures development and implementation; balancing industry best practices with corporate culture.
- Train, coach and mentor Systems Engineering staff including career development.
- Develop Knowledgebase items to foster the understanding and development of the entire organization.
- Follow established standards and change management policies.
- Interact with internal and external vendors as needed.
- Build, maintain, measure, report, and improve on all performance metrics.
- Oversee Solutions repository and ensure top quality solutions are created for business partners
- Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT Systems Architecture and Engineering
- Advanced Scripting skills -- PowerShell, VBScript, command line scripting.
- General knowledge of Database management.
- Understanding of switching a routing.
- Messaging Servers, Remote Access, and SAN environments.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and coach team members.
- Exceptional Communication skills and ability to communicate at all business levels.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills interpreting highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Provide Project Management for Major Enterprise Information Technology Projects.
- Excellent troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Expert Active Directory skills, specifically working with OUs, GPOs, server scripts and security.
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose and resolve complex server operating system problems using various tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of backup and disaster recovery strategies.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve multiple tasks independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong end user support and training skills.
- Strong written skills for documenting technical system and procedures.
- Working Knowledge of all Microsoft System Center Products.
- Demonstrate Disaster Recovery Planning/Disaster Recovery Testing and risk analysis skills.
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert). In lieu of certification 4 or more years of experience in Information Technologies as an acting System Administrator required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree required (Computer Science or related field preferred); extensive experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Eight (8) years Information Technologies experience, including experience researching and evaluating changes in hardware, software, and data communications and developing supporting documentation for technical systems required.
- Four (5) years Systems engineering experience..
- Experience with enterprise level applications such as SharePoint, Microsoft Operation Manager, Systems Management Server, IIS and SQL servers required.
- Knowledge of internal IT audit, SOX, PCI, and Gaming procedures and processes are preferred.