Fusion HCR is seeking a Systems Engineer for our client located in Washington State.
The role of the IT Systems Engineer is to role is to design and deploy system solutions to meet the requirements of core organizational functions, as well as evaluate and recommend technologies required to meet those requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a queue of work requests to meet service levels and KPI objectives.
- Design and deploy new platforms and enhancements to existing infrastructure, software, and operating systems.
- Deploy and maintain Unix and Microsoft Servers, Storage Arrays, VMWare infrastructure and related technologies.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex computer system issues for Servers, Active Directory, VMWare, application services and end-user issues while working within an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft server operating systems, Active Directory, Linux platforms, VMware and related technologies.
- Experience designing and implementing high availability solutions such as: clustering, data replication, dynamic resource allocation, and related procedures.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (MICS, PCI, SOX)
- On-call availability on a rotational basis is a requirement of this role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory as well as the complexities surrounding large scale enterprise deployments.
- Implement solutions and test performance, capacity and prepare and deliver performance statistics and reports.
- Respond to emergency system outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans, assisting other departments as required.
- Provides recommendations to senior or executive IT management regarding product/vendor selection, technology evolution, and design strategies.
- Effective collaboration skills to work with business partners, architects and technical peers to ensure reliable integration of systems and software for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Understand and abide by Incident, Problem and Change management processes and procedures.
- Provide root cause analysis and develop and execute corrective action plans for resolution of complex technical issues related to platform and service performance disruptions.
- Develop effective disaster recovery plans and high availability design strategies, and document and test these capabilities on a recurring basis.
- Interact with vendors, peers, and contractors to ensure secure, reliable systems implementations and upgrades are performed within project parameters.
- Consistent and regular attendance including on-call availability on a rotational basis, is an essential function of this job.
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree Required (Preferred in Engineering, IS or Technical Degree), Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ year's demonstrable experience in the design, implementation, and support of infrastructure systems, applications, and related technologies.