Fusion HCR is seeking an IT Application Support Manager for our client located in Washington State.
The IT Application Support Manager role is a strategic position responsible for developing a team of analyst whom possess subject matter expertise in business process and industry specific application use. Responsible for vendor management to ensure the IT organization is meeting key service delivery expectations as it relates to the availability and functionality of critical business applications. The position is responsible for incident analysis, problem management and root cause analysis for application issues impacting the enterprise. Knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and understanding of the business process for all applications. Responsible for managing, coaching, and reviewing the work of other application support staff. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for applications and assigned projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering application capacity and limitations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Owns the ITIL Problem Management Processes and tool implementation for proactive problem identification, problem diagnosis and resolution, problem error control, problem closure and evaluation, and problem management reporting.
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected.
- Perform incident analysis, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Plan and conduct performance appraisals of application support analyst staff.
- Champion knowledge management process and reporting.
- Champion the project management framework.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Review procurement request from the team and submit purchase request.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and/or procure software or hardware for internal staff.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of the enterprise application portfolio.
- Communicate with vendors for the procurement of new software or hardware; oversee installation and resolve adaptation issues.
- Ensure appropriate training initiatives for new and existing staff.
- Operational Management
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Track and analyze trends in incidents and problems and generate statistical reports.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on incident trends and make recommendations.
- Lead and oversee the team in testing and validation of new applications for the enterprise.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and communication of knowledge items, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
Attend training seminars, conferences, and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future enterprise applications.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of Application Support Analyst training procedures and policies.
- Train, coach and mentor application support analyst and other junior staff.
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution.
- Create, maintain and facilitate a positive work environment
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS (required / preferred):
- Comp A+, Comp Security+, ITILv4 :A combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of certification.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt/ Black Belt preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree Required (Preferred in Engineering, IS or Technical Degree), Master's degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years successful IT management experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Eight (2) years project management responsibilities required.
- Five (2) years experience managing progressively complex enterprise scale initiatives that span 12+ months
- Ten (5) years on the job experience in a technical field required.
- Hands on experience with fast paced, technical environment.
- Excellent customer service skills are required
- Familiarity with a ITSM tool (ServiceNow, CA Service Desk, Freshdesk, TOPdesk)
- Expert knowledge of current technologies and hardware capabilities of personal computers and local area networks
- Knowledge of internal IT audit and processes are preferred