DIRECT HIRE ROLE
Our Client is a multinational 9.7B vertically-integrated retail manufacturer with decades of growing their business with distribution that covers more than 150 Countries.
As part of our Client’s HR Operations, the Payroll Tax Specialist performs a variety of duties to support the HR and Payroll functions for associates in North America. They also provides exceptional customer service and problem resolution while maintaining strict confidentiality of information at all times.
Our Client is looking for someone that:
- Leads the continuous review of payroll tax data information. Research and correct/adjust discoverable errors.
- Ensures all new hires tax set up processed in all systems. (Federal, State, Local, Unemployment)
- Follows and maintains knowledge of all payroll tax regulations for US and Canada.
- Assists in the process, test and report Year-end W-2s, working with our IT personnel and with outside W-2 vendor to ensure timely file generation, printing and mailing of W-2s and W-2c’s.
- Frequently interacts with various departments internally (Benefits, Compensation, HRBP, Legal, Compliance, Store Operations, Accounting and IT) and with external vendors.
- Appropriately maintains and secures confidential records and inquiries.
- Adheres to applicable state, local and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Supports the brands by acting as the primary contact for escalated tax issues
- Supports Manager and to ensure data integrity through ongoing audits.
- Resolves and corrects timecard errors in compliance with state regulations
- Addresses inquiries from internal employees, stakeholders, or regulatory agencies regarding payroll issues
- Sets up standard reports to run automatically for distribution, and creates Ad hoc reports as needed for legal, compliance, tax and other business partners
- Participates in system testing of upgrade products and conversion, developing testing environment and analysis of test data. Works with the HR and IT departments to ensure timely and accurate implementation.
- 5+ years HR Payroll Tax experience preferred, ideally utilizing ADP’s GlobalView system.
- Previous experience with reporting, data analysis or auditing required.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Excellent teamwork, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management, staff, customers, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
Our expertise is derived from over 20 years of being on the inside of organizations building teams for Human Resources and Payroll. We understand what companies look for, we don’t see you as a gross profit number, rather we recognize your technical knowledge, your cultural fit within an organization, and how that aligns to your success.