The Staff Accountant is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s accounting.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- Experience in Accounting/Finance – minimum 5 years
- Financial reporting experience – minimum 5 years
- Knowledge in Accounting software - ex: Quickbooks, SAGE, or similar
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office – especially Excel
- Fluent in English