The ideal candidate will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas. It is essential that this candidate brings analytical and organizational skills in order to best support the accounting team.
• Maintain register of fixed assets and update depreciation records as required.
• Prepare sales tax filings; ensure sales taxes are filed and remitted timely.
• Monitor and ensure property taxes for all company locations are paid timely and recorded appropriately.
• Assist with posting customer remittance details.
• Complete timely reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts, prepare journal entries, and resolving variances appropriately in support of the close process.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations and assist with positive pay maintenance.
• Assist with the annual audit and tax returns.
• Monitor expense reports for compliance with travel and expense policies
• Support field offices as needed.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Experience: 1-3 years experience in accounting
• Positive attitude and roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, always looking for ways to improve processes
• High degree of credibility and integrity
• Bachelor of Accounting degree
• Experience with SAP a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications..