Our client is a leading Self-perform General Contractor in the Midwest. Their scope of work includes high-rise offices, parking structures, university buildings, health care facilities, and unique concrete structures. Based on continued growth of their self-perform concrete group, they are actively seeking an experienced Safety Director for the concrete division. The Safety Director will plan, implement and supervise safety, accident, and first aid for all corporate and field locations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through implementation of safety management programs.
- Develop a Safety Management Plan and serve as primary contact to OSHA in the event of a safety crisis.
- Become familiar with all regulations and requirements of all agencies that have authority over company projects.
- Oversee corporate safety program and ensure employee safety orientation training is administered as required. Ensure that the corporate safety program remains updated with the most current regulations, requirements, policies, etc.
- May be required to help obtain and issue required safety permits for work on projects in conjunction with Project team.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and maintenance records of all accidents, safety violations and unsafe conditions or activities.
- Review documentation to ensure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures, and implement appropriate corrective action as required. Ensure that all safety-related paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Accompany all safety, health and insurance inspectors on walk-through tours. Coordinate/assist in preparing written appeals for safety violation citations.
- Maintain safety and hazardous information publications and material and distribute to field personnel and others as required.
- Be primary liaison for the OSHA Partnership Agreement, ACI Safety Committee, and other such industry-related groups to ensure protocols and procedures remain up to date.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the OSHA 300 logs for to ensure their accuracy and compliance with the OSHA Partnership Agreement.
- Prepare and deliver safety training including OSHA 10-hour, OSHA 30-hour, Working at Heights, First Aid and CPR. Coordinate training with outside sources as required.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with VP(s) of Operations, Regional Operations Managers, and Craft Workforce Managers and Co-workers.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years construction safety management experience.
- 5+ years of large scale commercial construction experience, preferably working with mid-high rise structural buildings
- Thorough understanding of and ability to enforce federal, state, local and corporate regulations.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- OSHA 10 & 30 Required; OSHA 500 preferred
If you meet the requirements for this position and are interested in discussing the opportunity in more detail, please apply directly to this post.
Fusion HCR is an Executive Search and Talent Management Consulting firm specialized in Commercial Construction. You can learn more about Fusion by visiting our website at www.fusionhcr.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year