Performs the following job functions under the supervision of the Licensed RN.
Functions as part of the hemodialysis health care team in providing safe and effective dialysis therapy for patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse in accordance with policies, procedures, and training and in compliance with regulations set forth by the corporation, state, and federal agencies. Responsible for the setup and operation of hemodialysis machines. Assist in the maintenance of a safe and clean working environment. Supports Concerto’s commitment to Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities, including those related to patient satisfaction and actively participates in process improvement activities that enhance the likelihood that patients will achieve Concerto’s QAPI goals.
Requirements: 1+ years as a Dialysis Technician
- * Compliance with federal and state regulations of the practice of hemodialysis patient care technicians is required.
Physical Demands of the Job:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current CPR Certification or completion upon starting in unit
- Able to meet physical demands of the position
- Previous patient care experience in a dialysis setting or as a dialysis technician
- Must meet the necessary requirements and testing as a condition of employment.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet.
- Requires mental, visual, and auditory attention.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Provide excellent customer service as it applies to all external and internal customers including patients/families, co-workers, physicians and long-term care staff
- Adheres to Concerto Policies and Procedures, including following all regulatory and infection control principles
- Functions as part of the hemodialysis health care team in providing safe and effective dialysis therapy for patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse, preceptor or certified hemodialysis technician.
- Welcome assigned patients and inquire as to their wellbeing since their last treatment. Report any complaints or observations to the Charge RN.
- Responsible for the setup and operation of hemodialysis machines. Perform all required pretreatment dialysis machine alarm testing and document and responsible for ensuring appropriate dialysis machine safety alarms are enabled. Assist in the maintenance of a safe and clean working environment.
Job Type: Full-time/Contract
- High school or equivalent